Baggage Wrapping and Deposit
The safety and transport of baggage can sometimes weigh travellers down, especially on long trips to and from Malta. However, there are ways you can make travelling more secure and convenient. Baggage wrapping at the airport is a great way to ensure that your luggage isn’t tampered with while you travel. It also adds a layer of protection from scratching, liquids, and small knocks.
Secure Luggage Wrap located at the Check-In Hall
|Monday||05:30hrs – 20:00hrs|
|Tuesday||05:30hrs – 20:00hrs|
|Wednesday||05:30hrs – 20:00hrs|
|Thursday||05:30hrs – 20:00hrs|
|Friday||05:30hrs – 22:00hrs|
|Saturday||05:30hrs – 22:00hrs|
|Sunday||07:30hrs – 20:00hrs|
Click here for more information about this service.
24-Hour Luggage Deposit Service
Move around without lugging your stuff through the airport! Malta International Airport offers a Baggage Deposit Service so you can drop off your luggage and pick up before you check-in or fly. The storage room is a 24/7 Service, located inside the Check-in Hall near the Customer Services Information Centre.
|Item*||Up to 12 hours||Up to 24 hours||Every additional 24 hours or part thereof|
|Hand Luggage & Hold Luggage (max. 30kg)||€5||€10||€10|
|Special Items (Bulky)||€10||€15||€15|
*charged per piece
Terms and Conditions
- This service is only available to travelling customers at Malta International Airport.
- An official document such as an ID card or passport is to be presented for identification before depositing any luggage.
- All luggage must be securely locked.
- Luggage must not contain any dangerous items or perishable goods such as food and drink.
- No items of value such as cameras, laptops, jewellery, mobile phones etc., are to be left in luggage.
- Alimentary products or pets cannot be accepted.
- Any fragile items are to be declared before depositing the luggage.
- All luggage deposited is liable to security screening.
- Special items such as musical instruments, surfboards, bicycles, etc. will only be accepted if space is available.
- Payment, in euros only, is to be made upon collection of luggage.
- Payment by credit card will only be accepted if the amount due is over €30.
- Please give ample time to collect luggage in order to avoid being late for check-in.
- Any luggage left unclaimed after 90 days from date of deposit will become the property of Malta International Airport plc and will be disposed of as deemed fit.