LOWER TEMPERATURES IN SIGHT
August has brought with it a wave of very hot weather, which will roll into the coming days. Today the mercury hit 38 degrees Celsius, while the feels like temperature hovered around 42 degrees Celsius.
This heatwave is expected to last until early next week. On Tuesday, temperatures are forecast to drop to a more agreeable 35 degrees Celsius, staying at this level at least until Thursday. Over the coming days, the UV index will measure between 9 and 10, making it particularly important to use a good sunscreen with a high SPF.
Moreover, to minimise the impact of this hot weather, it is advisable to:
• Drink plenty of water, even when not feeling thirsty
• Avoid drinks containing alcohol, sugars, and caffeine, as these can have a dehydrating effect
• Avoid or limit exposure to direct sunlight, particularly between 11:00 and 16:00
• Avoid dark-coloured clothing and synthetic materials
• Travel early in the morning or in the evening when it’s cooler
The Meteorological Office has issued a weather warning for today, and will be renewing this warning according to whether the need arises. To stay updated, you can follow https://maltairport.com/weather/.Back to Overview